Animal Control Services
Animal Control operates Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. To report stray or loose animals or any other non-emergency incident, call non-emergency dispatch at 817-478-5416. This call may be answered as if you had dialed 9-1-1. Please do not hang up.
The City of Kennedale does not have an animal shelter. Please do not bring stray animals to the Police Department, as we do not have the facilities to house them. All animals impounded by the City are taken to:
Fees must be paid at the Kennedale Police Department before an animal can be claimed by its owner from the Fort Worth facility.
New Regulations for Animal and Pets
The City Council recently broadened residents' ability to keep farm animals within the City limits by revising the existing municipal code regarding animals. Updates within Ordinance 664 (PDF) include:
- farm animals are now allowed on residential properties that are one (1) acre or larger, regardless of zoning;
- pot-bellied pigs and hens can be kept on lots of any size; and
- the number of livestock and fowl that may be kept depends on the size of the property.
- Amends Chapter 3 "Animals" of the Code
- Adopted by City Council on Tuesday, June 20, 2019
- In effect, but not yet codified (i.e., enforceable, but not yet reflected in the Code of Ordinances)
If you have questions, please call 817-985-2133 or email Community Development.