Inspections can be scheduled Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by emailing the permits department. Next-day requests must be submitted before 12:00 noon the previous business day. Do not request an inspection until all work is complete and ready for a final inspection. Failed inspections may accrue additional fees (PDF).
This department also reviews plans prior to issuing permits and performs general field inspections of commercial and residential construction.
Inspections Performed Include
There may be up to a 10-day window for completing the following:
- Air conditioning change-outs
- Other permits for which no further work is required by the contractor and work is not delayed by the need for an inspection
- Water heater replacements
Inspections Required for Natural Gas Service
If your natural gas company (e.g., Atmos) requires that an inspection be performed by City staff before providing service to your home or business, you will need to contact a licensed plumber to perform a pressure test on the piping and verify that the gas system and its components are up to code. The plumber will request the inspection after being issued a permit and completing the work.
Inspections Related to New Residential Construction
- Setback: Must meet requirements, or you can have a form surveyor instead
- Temporary Pole: For electrical service required during construction
- Pier Holes: If required by plans
- Plumbing Rough: Required prior to foundation inspection
- Foundation: Ready to pour; Property pins located by markers to indicate lot boundaries
- Framing: Roof, all framing, fire blocking and bracing are in place; All pipes, chimneys, and vents are complete; Rough electrical, plumbing, and heating wires, pipes, and ducts are complete
- Insulation: Must be completed prior to drywall
- Drywall: Tub enclosures must be in place
- Drive Approach and Sidewalk: After framing; prior to pour
- Building Final: House is complete and ready for occupancy; yard grading is complete and the water meter has been set (call 817-985-2120 for a meter set); all plans and specifications have been met and all GFIs are operating properly
- Gas and Electric: Permanent power will not be permitted until after final inspection