It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Please join us in TownCenter on Tuesday, December 5, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., as we kick off the holiday season by lighting our beautiful, live, Christmas tree. Sing along to carols and enjoy holiday treats courtesy of generous local businesses, churches, organizations, and clubs while we anxiously await the arrival of Santa Claus at 6:00 p.m.! Don't forget to bring your camera.
Santa Needs Elves!
If you're interested in hosting a booth, performing, or helping in any way, please fill out this form or contact City Secretary Leslie Galloway at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-985-2104.
If your organization would like to hand out treats for Santa, we will provide one table and two chairs for you to set up a booth. You’re encouraged to decorate your booth, set up a game or craft, or dress up. The more festive, the better! Please let us know if you’ll need electricity or have any special requests.
Santa-approved treats include: cookies, hot chocolate, apple cider, coffee, candy canes and other candies, Rice Krispies treats, cupcakes, popcorn, chocolate-covered pretzels, muddy buddies/puppy chow/reindeer food, Chex mix, fudge, brownies … or whatever your
Other Local Holiday Assistance Programs
These resources are not affiliated with the City of
GoodFellowFund (online applications only)
- Cowboy Santas (must register in-person)
- Arlington Charities (elderly and disabled)
- Mission Arlington (general assistance)
- Prison Fellowship (online registration)
- Salvation Army
- Operation Christmas Spirit (active duty military families)
- Operation Holiday Joy (active duty military families)
- Operation Homefront (Veterans and Wounded Warriors)
- Toys for Tots
This fun, festive, family-oriented event and all of its activities are completely free, but we do encourage anyone who can, to donate to the Kennedale Professional Firefighters Association Angel Tree.
Applications must be received by 8:00 p.m., Friday, November 17!
If you’d like to apply for assistance through this program, please fill out this form or pick up a copy at City Hall or the Fire Station. If you have questions, please email Ryan Florence or call 817-478-5322.
Important Dates for APPLICANTS:
- October 20 through November 17: Applications available at the Fire Station (100 Cloverlane Drive) or the Permits window at City Hall (405 Municipal Drive)
- Friday, November 17: Applications DUE (submit to the Fire Station or by email)
- Monday, December 18 through Wednesday, December 20: Gift pickup at the Fire Station (must be picked up by parent or guardian listed on application)
If you’re interested in adopting a child or donating toys, clothing, or money, you can stop by the Fire Station (100 Cloverlane Drive) beginning Friday, November 17. There will also be an Angel Tree info booth at the Christmas Tree Lighting Festival!Important Dates for SPONSORS:
- Friday, November 17: Angels available for adoption at the Fire Station
- Friday, December 15: Deadline to return gifts to the Fire Station