Water and Wastewater

Reading Your Monthly Utility Bill

Water and Sewer Rates

The current water and wastewater (sewer) rates (PDF) were adopted by City Council on September 17, 2018. Note: Each March, your bill reflects a new sewer average based on your individual usage for the three-month period from the November meter read to the February meter read.

Garbage and Recycling Service

ServiceCost Per Month
Residential Garbage Service (Wednesdays and Saturdays)$9.62
Curbside Non-Sort Recycling (Wednesdays)$3.90
Total Monthly Charge$13.52

Storm Water Utility Rates

Learn more about the Stormwater Program

Type of AccountCost Per Month
Religious Organization$3.50
Non-Residential$1.26 per 1,000 square feet of impervious area*

*Impervious surfaces are those that do not absorb water (e.g., roofs, pavement, sidewalks, patios, and gravel or crushed stone surfaces).

Leak Adjustments

If a leak results in an unusually large utility bill, you may request an adjustment once the leak is repaired. Submit a Leak Adjustment Request to Utility Billing in City Hall (405 Municipal Drive) or send it to the address or fax number provided on the form. Leak adjustment requests will not be accepted via any other method. When faxing the form, it is recommended that you call to verify that it was received. Forms must be received within 90 (ninety) days of the completed repairs.

Establishing New Water Service or Obtaining a Meter for Construction, Fire Hydrants, Gas Wells, or other Purposes

Find out how to establish new service.


Tax exemptions are not available on utility bills. Low-income senior households or permanently disabled customers may be eligible for discounted rates (PDF). To apply for a discount on the residential water and sewer portion of your utility bill, you must fall into one of the following categories:

Senior Citizen

  • Sixty (60) years of age and older;
  • Must reside on property located within the corporate boundaries of the City of Kennedale;
  • Must present proof of residency via a valid Driver's License or State-Issued ID card and a current electric bill; and
  • Must provide proof of annual household income not to exceed $32,000.00, by submitting a federal income tax return and/or benefit letter from the Social Security Administration.


  • Disability must be verifiable by the Tarrant Appraisal District, Social Security Administration or Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Must reside on property located within the corporate city limits of the City of Kennedale; and
  • Must present proof of residency; valid driver license or state-issued identification card, and a current electric bill.

Call 817-985-2120 or 1-855-203-1318 or complete a Credit Affidavit and mail/fax it to the address/number provided on the form. Should a qualified recipient pass away, the surviving spouse will continue to receive the discount until the end of the fiscal year (September 30th). Please be aware that, if at any time, any information within the Credit Affidavit Form is found to be false, the applicant shall be required to reimburse the City of Kennedale for all wrongfully received discounts.


Closed accounts with outstanding final balances are sent to Valley Collection Services. Once an account status has been changed to "Collection Agency", the customer must make payment directly to Valley Collection Services either online at the Valley Collection Service website or by calling 1-632-931-4325.