- Fire & EMS
Kennedale Fire Department
The Kennedale Fire Department is devoted to providing the highest quality fire rescue and emergency medical response, with an average response time of 4 minutes or less. We value and support a strong fire, rescue, and emergency medical service (EMS) mutual-aid partnership with Mansfield, Arlington, Fort Worth, and all suburban cities in South Tarrant County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Emergency Medical Response
- Fire Emergencies
- Regional Hazardous Materials Response Team
- Emergency Notification System Administration
- Swift Water Rescue
- Motor Vehicle Crash Rescues
- Roughly two-thirds of home fire deaths happen in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms. About one in five smoke alarm failures was due to dead batteries.
- Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in reported home fires in half.
- In fires considered large enough to activate the smoke alarm, hardwired alarms operated 91% of the time, while battery powered alarms operated only 75% of the time.
Smoke detector batteries should be changed at least twice a year. The Kennedale Fire Department wants to help make every home safe. If you have limited financial resources, do not have a smoke detector, or need a new one please submit a smoke detector request form (PDF) to the Fire Department.