- City Secretary & Communications
- Elections (Elecciones)
General Election Information
Candidates for the May 6, 2023 General Election are:
Place 1: Rockie Gilley and Chris Evans
Place 3: Kenneth Michels (uncontested)
Place 5: James Connor and Jeff Nevarez
Early voting will be in the Community Center - 316 W 3rd St, Kennedale, TX, 76060.
|Early voting schedule|
|Monday - Friday||April 24 - May 2, 2023||8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
- Under the 'Vote Center’ model, registered voters in Tarrant County can now vote at any polling place within the County both during Early Voting and on Election Day. The local polling place for the City of Kennedale is the Community Center in the Kennedale Public Library (316 W 3rd Street, Kennedale, TX 76060).
- The City Secretary’s Office is responsible for overseeing municipal elections including serving as the contract administrator for election services through Tarrant County Elections, receiving all required candidate filings (including campaign finance reports), and conducting a drawing for the order in which names will appear on the ballot.
- View the Election Register (PDF)
- General Elections are held on the first Saturday of each May, with the deadline to file for a place on the ballot falling 78 days before Election Day and the first day to file for a place on the ballot falling 30 days before that.
|First Day to File|
(108 days before Election)
|Deadline to File|
(78 days before Election)
|Wednesday, January 18, 2023||5:00 p.m. Friday, February 17, 2023||Saturday, May 6, 2023|
|Wednesday, January 17, 2024||5:00 p.m. Friday, February 16, 2024||Saturday, May 4, 2024|
|Wednesday, January 15, 2025||5:00 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2025||Saturday, May 3, 2025|
Ever wondered who's served on Council in years past? View the entire Election Register from incorporation in 1947 to the current Council.
THE FOLLOWING IS PROVIDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH HB 305:
City of Kennedale
405 Municipal Drive, Kennedale, TX 76060
For questions regarding elections, email City Hall or call 817-985-2105.
The next General Election for the City of Kennedale will be Saturday, May 6, 2023. The offices of City Council Place 1, City Council Place 3, and City Council Place 5 will appear on the ballot. The deadline to file for a place on the ballot is 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 17, 2023. Applications for a Place on the Ballot can be found in the Candidate Packet and must be filed with the City Secretary’s Office (in City Hall, 405 Municipal Drive, Kennedale, TX 76060). There is no filing fee.
- View the current Mayor and Council
- View the requirements and deadline for filing for candidacy
- View notices and records of meetings
This site only provides information about City of Kennedale Elections. To view upcoming County, State, and Federal Election information, please begin with the following sites:
As a Home Rule City, Kennedale enjoys the full power of local self-government (Local Government Code, §51.072). The governmental structure and division of power are established in the City's Home Rule Charter, which was written in 1997 and adopted by the voters on January 17, 1998. Voters have approved amendments twice (in May 2016 and May 2019).