There are several roundabouts in Kennedale, and often residents have questions about how to properly and safely navigate within them.
How to Navigate a Roundabout
- As you approach the roundabout, slow down and YIELD to pedestrians, bicyclists, and existing traffic
- Turn right to enter the roundabout; All traffic flows in a counterclockwise direction (NO left turns)
- The elevated brick areas are landscaping features and should not be used as driving lanes
- Use your right turn signal to indicate your intention to exit the roundabout*
* Some roundabouts have dedicated right-turn lanes to alleviate school and rush hour traffic; drivers may make a right-hand turn by using either the dedicated turn lane or by entering the roundabout as usual